1 of extreme importance; vital to the resolution of a crisis; "a crucial moment in his career"; "a crucial election"; "a crucial issue for women" [syn: important] [ant: noncrucial]
2 having crucial relevance; "crucial to the case"; "relevant testimony" [syn: relevant]
3 of the greatest importance; "the all-important subject of disarmament"; "crucial information"; "in chess cool nerves are of the essence" [syn: all-important(a), all important(p), essential, of the essence(p)]
4 having the power or quality of deciding; "the crucial experiment"; "cast the deciding vote"; "the determinative (or determinant) battle" [syn: deciding(a), determinant, determinative, determining(a)]
- Rhymes with: -uːʃəl
- Being essential or
determining the outcome
or future of something; extremely important.
- The battle of Tali-Ihantala in 1944 is one of the crucial
moments in the history of Finland.
- A secure supply of crude oil is crucial for any modern nation, let alone a superpower.
- The battle of Tali-Ihantala in 1944 is one of the crucial moments in the history of Finland.
- Cruciform or cruciate; cross-shaped.
- In the context of "slang|especially|Jamaican English": Term of approval, particularly when applied to reggae music.
- Finnish: ratkaiseva, elintärkeä
- German: entscheidend
- Hebrew: מכריע (crucial for determining the future), חיוני (crucial for existence or welfare)
- Italian: cruciale
- Polish: krytyczny
- Portuguese: crucial
- Spanish: crucial
- Swedish: avgörande
- Finnish: ristinmuotoinen
- Italian: cruciforme
- Portuguese: crucial
- ttbc French: crucial
Crucial may refer to:
- Crucial Technology, a brand used by semiconductor manufacturer Micron Technology
- The Crucial Conspiracy, an album by The Dingees
- Crucial - a reggae, rock band out of Philadelphia
- The Crucial Squeegie Lip, a recording by Ween
- Crucial Three, a short-lived band, several of whose members would later become famous
- Crucial (Single), by New Edition
- Crucial (a Christian rapper)
aboriginal, acute, basal, basic, central, charged, clamorous, climacteric, compelling, critical, crying, deciding, decisive, desperate, dire, elemental, elementary, embryonic, emergent, essential, exigent, fundamental, generative, genetic, germinal, high-pressure, high-priority, imperative, imperious, important, in embryo, in ovo, insistent, instant, kairotic, loaded, major, momentous, necessary, original, pivotal, pregnant, pressing, primal, primary, primeval, primitive, primordial, pristine, protogenic, radical, rudimentary, seminal, urgent, vital